Festival Location and Useful Information
Priddy is a small village on top of the Mendip Hills above Cheddar Gorge and the city of Wells. It is around 15miles from both Bristol and Bath.(put in google map link to Priddy and a link to Wikipedia entry).
View Larger Map
For those of you with SatNav, and wish to use it. The post code is BA5 3BB
The general area is served by buses and trains - unfortunately, like many rural villages, very little actually comes to Priddy.
There are several roads into Priddy, however, the easiest is follow the A39 from Bristol, straight through the traffic lights at Green Ore by the Ploughboy Inn. The next turning on the right will give 3 miles of road straight to the field for parking and Priddy. The post code to use in a Satnav is BA5 3BB. If you are in need of petrol, then the nearest station is in Priddy at N&P Auto repairs. Alternatively, there are stations in Wells, Cheddar and Farrington Gurney.
If you are driving to the festival or looking for a lift, why not register at www.liftshare.com or www.freewheelers.com. Sharing transport, and costs, will help the environment and reduce the number of cars on site.
- There is a large parking field on the edge of the village. Parking is only £2 per car (free if you have tickets) and is collected at the field entrance.
- Campers can park next to their tents 5 minutes walk from the festival.
- Artists and Traders have dedicated parking adjacent to the festival site.
- Disabled parking spaces are available on the perimeter of the site, please ask a steward for directions when you arrive in Priddy.
Bath Spa or Bristol Temple Meads - both are roughly the same distance, about 15 miles away, with good bus links to Wells.
Castle Cary - about 20 miles with bus links to Wells via Shepton Mallett.
Taxi from station: - it is about £30.00 to £35.00 by taxi to Priddy from these stations.
Local Bus - we have one bus a week - on Tuesdays, so of little practical use when travelling to the Festival.
Wells and Cheddar - we are about 5 miles from Wells (which has good links) and 6 miles from Cheddar but you will then need to get a taxi to Priddy at about £8.00 to £10.00.
- There is a mobile shop that visits the campsite
- The Priddy Farm Shop - selling farm produce, meat and locally produced food.
- N&P Autos - a small shop at the petrol station.
- Mendip Heights campsite shop.
- Wells has a couple of supermarkets, high street shops plus an excellent Saturday market.
- Cheddar has 2 small supermarkets.
Wells has plenty of cash points including the supermarket and all the usual banks. There are also cash points in Cheddar.