This page provides information about travelling to the Priddy Folk Festival and useful notes about local facilities.
How to find us:
Priddy is around 15 miles from both Bristol and Bath.
If you have SatNav and wish to use it, the post code is BA5 3BB.
The general area is served by buses and trains – unfortunately, like many rural villages, very little actually comes to Priddy.
The post code to use in a Satnav is BA5 3BB.
If you are in need of petrol, then the there are petrol stations in Wells, Cheddar and Farrington Gurney.
If you are driving to the festival or looking for a lift, why not register at www.liftshare.com or www.freewheelers.com. Sharing transport, and costs, will help the environment and reduce the number of cars on site.
- There is a large parking field on the edge of the village. Parking is only £2 per car (free if you have tickets) and is collected at the field entrance.
- Campers can park near to their tents, 5 minutes walk from the festival.
- Artists and Traders have dedicated parking adjacent to the festival site.
- Disabled parking spaces are available on the perimeter of the site, please ask a steward for directions when you arrive in Priddy.
Bath Spa or Bristol Temple Meads – both are roughly the same distance, about 15 miles away, with good bus links to Wells.
Castle Cary – about 20 miles with bus links to Wells via Shepton Mallett.
The local Bus – we have one bus a week – runs on Tuesdays, so of little practical use when travelling to the Festival.
Wells and Cheddar: we are about 5 miles from Wells (which has good links) and 6 miles from Cheddar, but you will then need to get a taxi to Priddy.
Good to know:
- Mendip Heights campsite shop.
- Priddy Good Food is a cafe offering breakfasts and drinks. Their hours are Tuesday – Sunday 9.00 -12.30; find them opposite the bike shop.
- Wells has several supermarkets, including Tescos, Waitrose, Lidle and Morrisons. Wells has a good, varied range of shops – plus an excellent market every Wednesday and Saturday.
- Cheddar has a Sainsbury’s and a Tesco Express.
There are no cash points in Priddy. Wells has plenty of cash points including in the supermarkets and several banks. There are also cash points in Cheddar.
Please note: with the exception of Guide Dogs, no dogs are allowed on the Festival site; we are sorry, but this is a condition of our licence.